[FT] Forum for Christian Friends

Lee_Nichols Lee_Nichols at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 18:22:24 PDT 2017

Hello Bill,  It is good to hear from you and see you still have a passion for revival.  I believe I share most of your concerns about various Quaker communities.  For me, I would add most or all Christian communities.  Perhaps this suggests a difficult person who is offensive to others.  The confusing situation among Christian assemblies leaves me wondering how my life can be invested productively in my “mature” years especially among Quakers.  I think there has to be some new form to allow the Spirit to breathe; one that  provides an adequate and effective structure as Fox said to have Christ teach the people himself.  This is the simple but also complex task that takes more energy, patience, love and endurance than gathering people for a “worship’ service on special days rather than developing an assembly that obeys the Spirit every day.

Bill, I am glad you wrote me in April rather than May because Verizon is dropping their email service so my only email address will be LNICHOLS29 at GMAIL.COM <mailto:LNICHOLS29 at GMAIL.COM>.   I don’t know how much I will be able to contribute to a revived Quaker dialogue.  I commend you for your effort and hope it succeeds.

May you be filled with the power of the Spirit as you carry out your mission to Friends,

Lee Nichols