[FT] Immigration: What Does the Bible Say?

Beth Gualtieri gualtierib at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 12:37:18 PDT 2010

I would agree that Jesus *fulfilled* the Old Covenant, not displaced (or replaced) it. They are not self-contradictory. I agree that there are many many principles enacted through the OT law that would, could and should instruct us today. As the grand-daughter of semi-legal immigrants (Italian, Ellis Island in the mid 1920's) I have sympathy for our newer immigrant neighbors. And as one who lived most of her early years as a (legal) alien resident of another country, I know that immigration laws can be byzantine. I think Friends can have that bright witness of being principled in our dealings with the world around us.

Beth Gualtieri