[FT] Immigration: What Does the Bible Say?

Julia jewen at micronetsystems.net
Sat Jun 5 12:25:43 PDT 2010

Re: [FT] Immigration: What Does the Bible Say?Dear Arthur, how right on point!! Most of us who are not pure-blood Native Americans (and who is after all these years?) are descended from ancestors who came here from somewhere else. Generally the somewhere else was a place in which they suffered from some sort of oppression or persecution, and they sought a better life here. African Americans, who were forced into slavery, have long identified with the Children of Israel's captivity in Egypt, and, remembering their own ancestors' captivity in a strange land, can have compassion for other strangers who find themselves beleagured through no fault of their own in our country.

Julia