[FT] Immigration: What Does the Bible Say?

James Wilson wilsonj512 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 05:41:41 PDT 2010

Julia, you raise the very questions I have been around the water cooler at work.  Most of my colleagues
are God fearing, Bible toting, president bashing, church going, good and basically kind people.  I have mentioned the scripture you elude to, it falls on deaf ears and we move on.

Paul talks about the foolishness of Roman rule, peace by power.  Paul talks about all people being equal.  I think that he is arguing for a government based on compassion and justice for all people not one of fear and repression.

It seems to me that a lot of Christian people don't have a clear understanding what Christ taught in word and example and how Paul built on Jesus' life and teaching.

Jim Wilson