[FT] Address by Irish Quaker Missionary Physician

Arthur Roberts aroberts at georgefox.edu
Mon Oct 26 09:20:22 PDT 2009

I think EFIC mission efforts in Ireland are viewed as complementary‹ room
for everyone.  Historically, NWYM, which is part of EFIC, has had contacts
with Irish Friends.  I recall how in my younger years our  churches were
ministered to by traveling Friends from Ireland, the Sintons, Dorothy and
???, who held special evangelistic meetings.

In many areas different Friends groups interlace.  I don¹t think any group
holds title to a territory.  Pacific Yearly meeting arose within the
parameters of Southwest and Northwest Yearly meetings, and folks seem to get
along amicably, although differing theologically. Some dialogue occurs, and
probably helps folks examine their belief systems.  Tolerance can, and
sometimes does,  blur truth; but it can also sharpen truth, given a humble ,
penitent, and prayerful spirit.

Arthur Roberts